Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update from Brent Yim


A lot of you have been praying for our friend Brent and his family after he found out about the brain tumor. Brent recently wrote us to keep us updated with his medical state. Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers! He sends his love:



To my beloved family at TCC and TCS, I feel impelled to write and update each and every one of you concerning the events that have transpired in my life over the course of the last few days. No doubt these events have been unexpected, yet through it all I have never been more aware of the presence of God than at this point in my life. I have concluded in my heart and mind that God has ordained this by His sovereignty and for His glory. I feel so honored and humbled that God has counted me faithful to suffer on behalf of His name to this degree.

I have come to understand that the desires He has given me can only be realized in my life through His divine design. For my life He saw fit that this ailment would bring about that end. Although the natural man will never understand this fact, the spiritual man submits to the truthfulness of this reality with all of his heart. The redeemed children of God know that His ways are above their ways and they are past finding out!

I will not lie; I have experienced times of despair and fear since hearing the news. My heart yearns when I wake up next to my wife not knowing how many more times I will see her laying next to me. My heart has failed when I hear my boys laughing not knowing how many more times I will hear their beautiful voices or if I will see them grow up into healthy young men. But each and every time my heart becomes overwhelmed; the Lord’s supernatural comfort warms my soul. Not by revealing that He will heal me of this sickness but rather that He will be with me through the valley of the shadow of death! I wholeheartedly believe that all of these things will work together for good because I love Him and I am called according to His purpose. These events, no matter how they unfold, will turn out to the glory of His Name!

I have been astounded by the love of the saints. Your support, prayers, and comfort have become a great source of consolation to my family and me. I ask that you continually uphold us in your prayers. Pray that the Lord would grant us courage and confidence in Him as we walk forward in the future. Our greatest plea is that we would represent our Savior properly during this time.

I sincerely wish I could speak to each and every one of you face to face to express my appreciation. Yet it is clear that at this point I am to focus on my family and spend as much time with them as possible. I will purpose to keep everyone updated as we receive more information. To God be the glory in His Church both now and forever!

In His Hands,
Brent, Andrea, Jaiden and Micah
Romans 11:36

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DEAR YIM FAMILY, I AM ASSURED THAT ALL OF YOU WILL BE WITH HEAVENLY FATHER ONE DAY, BEING A MORMAN, WE BELIEVE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS WILL KNOW ONE ANOTHER AND WILL BE WITH OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN, THIS KEEPS ME GOING EACH AND EVERY DAY, HE IS WITH ALL OF YOU, KNOW THIS, ALWAYS! WE ARE KEEPING YOU IN OUR PRAYERS EVERY DAY. I HAVE YOU ON THE PRAYER LIST AT THE TEMPLE. ALL HERE IN COLORADO LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD WORKS WE KNOW YOU HAVE DONE OUR LOVE AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU! LOVE THE ALBERTINI'S