Monday, March 30, 2009

Haiti!!


Our Church is taking two trips over to Haiti this summer. It has been so encouraging these last few months in being back home from Bible College to hear my dad's heart and his love for the Philippines since he got back from his trip in February! I have been talking to my dad about this desire to serve in third world Countries, being the hands and feet of Jesus to the community, for years now. A few weeks ago, Young Adults Pastor Drew, spoke at Awakening during our series on finances, talking about "Consumerism verses Compassion." He talked about them being opposites and gave examples of what two dollars a day could do in some countries. It stirred up in my heart again a reality and a desire to love on poeple around the World who are undergoing starvation and neglection. It was around this same time that I was praying if God was calling me to go to Haiti or not for a 10 day Missions trip. After that message at Awakening, and after my dad blessed me with support for the trip, I also recieved an email from the Church saying I was accepted to go! So doors are opened and God is providing!! I'm super excited! Want to hear another crazy part? The Leader of my dad's Small Group are in the same group going to Haiti as I am!! :) Please keep this trip in your prayers and also the country of Haiti! I will be putting more updates about this soon!

1 comment:

liliana said...

Estoy orando por tu viaje! que emociĆ³n!!!