Saturday, April 4, 2009

15 Years!


This last week April 1st, marked 15 years that my mom has passed away. For my dad it still stands as a difficult day, especially with his birthday just days before. I can honestly say that the Lord has used this event in our lives for His glory and it has been so amazing to see now and to know that He will continue to use it! My relationship with my dad has been growing so much since I have been back home from school, and I feel blessed as a family and for the strength the Lord has given! I often wonder what kind of person I would be if my mom was still here, and if we would be in the same areas of faith with the different roads that would have followed. There are days when I will think about this more, but for me, it has just become a reality! :) I'm just thankful for where God has led me to be now in this place in time and to be able to have a relationship with Him!! 

1 comment:

E-Da said...

:D jess, it really makes my heart smile to see this post. I'm really glad that it has gone so well since you have been back. i have not stopped praying for you friend, and i won't cease until the Lord returns (cause then you can just ask him yourself) :D much love friend! keep going forward for the Lord!

Ur friend in Christ
E.Diaz