Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mike explains what going on in the church

As we walked into the church where some believe to be where Jesus was laid after he was taken off the cross, it was kind of a shock to see how people responded to the location. I don't know if it has hit me yet that we are in Israel.. nope probably not yet.. but I was still amazed to see this. Check it out. One of the guys here put it so well... we would see people weep over the rock and then stand up with a complete different attitude and then walk away. He related it to how we sometimes worship or attend church and walk away right after with a complete different heart. It made me think of the things in my life that I still do as 'religion' where my eyes could shift off Jesus to go to a work or a heartless praise out of routine.

No comments: