Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3 weeks here and some catch up!



Phew! I can't believe we finished our first block class studying Ezra and Nehemiah and got to cover 5 books through this study! I was super blessed in learning about the building of the temple and the walls and then being able to go and see the remains of them as we took our class outdoors. Now first, I have to admit that my first four days here were an overwhelming confusion of looking at the maps in my Bible and then where we were and not understanding where exactly I was at. I was discouraged and felt I knew so little, but the Lord blessed it and gave me a deeper hunger for His Word and a bolder stance in asking as many questions as everyone would let me! So blessed by the group of students we have this semester and everyone's desire to grow more in their knowledge of their Savior and the character of God. So a basic day: we have classes 4 days out of the week for majority for majority of the day with snack breaks in between. Our classes are about a 10 feet walk from our rooms as we go down the hall in the hotel to a cozy room we multi use for our kitchen and study area. The other days we get to serve in the hotel by helping with the reconstruction, and then attend Messianic Jewish services and find fun places to do our homework! I found this amazing park the other day that over looks the wall sound the Old City where we are staying and shows the elevation of it up on the hills. The Lord has me reading in 1 Samuel in my devotions and I'm just watching it come alive as these locations start to make sense and the history begins to fit together!

4 comments:

Yasutomo said...

Wow, now you are in Israel!! Super cool, Jess!!! Glad to hear you're having blessed time there.

ps: one girl in the bottom pic looks so much Japanese, is she??

Jessica said...

Ysutomo!! Yeah her name is Fukiko! She;s form mainland, but I think she is going to Okinawa campus next semester!! She's soo sweet!! :)

Yasutomo said...

that's cool!! Hopefully I'll see her there. It's funny 'cause there is a girl named Fukiko in the church I go to here in mainland too. haha

Jessica said...

ohh how funny!