Saturday, March 27, 2010

Joe is here!





We have now started our 3rd block with only 2 more after this class! So far we have studied the books of Ezra and Nehemiah (with Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi), the life of Elijah and Elisha through 1 and 2 Kings, and now we are studying Archaeology through the gospel of John with our teacher Joe from Murrieta. With Joe, we have been in the classroom very little but out at excavation sites digging through the mounds of dirt taken from under the A la Masque 11 years ago we as get to find artifacts that date back to the first Temple that King Solomon built. One of the guys found a coin, and others bones from the sacrifices, and some tile pieces and pottery. We also got to go to Megiddo to see where the battle will take place in Revelation when Jesus will come back after the tribulation and all nations will come against the nation of Israel to battle. Yesterday we went to Qumran to the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found and then to the Holocaust Museum.. oh wow I could write a ton on all that my eyes were opened up to, but I'll leave with this. We have a choice to sew into two things: either the flesh or the Spirit. Jesus says that the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.. my thought on it has been this this last week: this life can bring God so much glory, but how much am I holding back from Him? He has given all of Himself and revealed to us His character through His Son, but I can hinder my relationship with Him by deciding how much of Him I want. Someone once told me that as a believer, when we get to heaven we will stand before God and we will be amazed of how little we trusted Him while on earth with our limited knowledge of Him. I want that testimony to change as I press into the Spirit of God and know more of Him while on earth so that when I see Him face to face and He says "well done my good and faithful servant" I will be blessed to know my God as I am fully known, and to have known Him more and more while living in the World.
"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do." Galatians 5:16,17

No comments: