Saturday, March 27, 2010

Victory!



Last semester I remember the Lord spoke to my heart about the victory that was displayed on the cross and the proof of it through the resurrection that I may come freely and boldly to God. Even though I've heard it before, there was something God did that night that pierced my heart to know how He looks at His children as a loving, compassionate Father.. our Abba. Since being in Israel, the Lord spoke to me again on that same area but declaring to me to no longer ask for victory over areas in my life, but to proclaim the victory that has already been won! There's a bondage that sin creates that God is in the business of breaking, and it breaks my heart that as believers we can continue walking in this bondage that God has already declared Himself victorious over through His Son!
Tonight I got to go to a Messianic Service (Jews that recognize Jesus as their Messiah) and was so blessed to witness freedom and joy in the lives of these people. My heart danced in seeing young kids dance to songs of redemption through Jesus the perfect sacrifice, and to see elders dance around. You see.. I'm not sure what thoughts I had before coming, but I can tell you that there is a different in the lives of those I see at the Western Wall each day praying and bowing, to those whose eyes have been opened to Yeshua the Christ who fulfills scripture of the Old Testament. I pray this freedom over those who 'know' God, because beyond just the acknowledgement that there is a creator, there is an acknowledgement of a Savior that is the only way to the creator, and in Him there is more than everyday life, there is victory!

No comments: