Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Content- Happy Tuesday

Lately my prayer has been to be learn how to be content in every situation. I have decided to take one more semester off Bible College and stay in San Jose and I'm super excited to the relationships the Lord has been growing here, but at the same time my heart longs to be serving in a physical needs ministry some day. Tonight at a community group called Coffee/Study through the Awakening Ministry, a group of us were sitting and talking when a homeless man named John came in and was asking for money. Some of the guys there bought him something to eat and drink and then John sat with us and share his testimony in what the Lord has been doing in his life. It was such a humbling experience and divine appointment from the Lord. He actually goes to the same church, WestGate, that we all attend. John came in with crutches and told us about the pain in his spine, but when someone offered to give him advil, he told us that he knew that God would heal him permanently, and he continues to pray for it. He shared with us his joy for today from the Lord, and called it a happy Tuesday for the ways God constantly provides... "Not just today though, tomorrow will be a happy Wednesday!" he told us. As we were walking out with him, I was so blessed by his contentness in life and his apprecitation for today. I am so thankful for how God placed John in my path; an answer to prayer in seeing contentness lived out! Please lift John up in prayer!

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:12,13

No comments: