Monday, July 27, 2009

Haiti day 1



Wow that last few blogs have been really long and I'm sure really overwhelming for you all to read so I will try to keep this a little shorter! Looking back on my journal entries I just want to give you an overview of what God did each day on our trip!
On Wednesday night we met at the church to carpool over to the airport in San Francisco and took a redeye to Miami and then a flight from there to port au prince in Haiti and then a smaller 20 seater plane to where we would be staying. On the flight into Port a Prince I met a man names Japel who gave a warm preview of the welcoming Haitian culture. Quoting from my journal "His smile showed a bright spirit about him and I am confident if I don't get to see him again we are family through the Lord. My eyes are being opened to God's kingdom and the people on earth whose hearts have been changes by the power of Christ. My head is just racing with thoughts and in all I feel refreshed, excited and a new sense of freedom that we are going to Haiti! What's even cooler is that while waiting o get on our flight I was able to use the gift of Spanish to help a lady find her flight. I remember praying for that gift and what a blessing it was to study and travel to Peru for 7 months and learn not only the language but the culture to parallel it. God's strength is sufficient in my weakness ad I have a feeling we'll all see a new level of weaknesses on this trip! Thank you Lord for allowing me to be able to go on this trip and to be able to meet the Hatian people and experience their amazing love and extreme faith in you! I feel all the prayers for our team and I'm excited to see what God has in store to teach us and new ways to break us!"
Our third flight landed in a small grass field where Missionaries JeanJean and Kristie greeted us and took us back to the compound where we would stay for 10 days. Dirt roads, pot holes. riding in the back of the truck, sleeping with bug nets, and a new meaning of hot... It was an exciting night as we all settled in and got ready for bed!

No comments: