Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 16


[I pray] that the God of out Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. Ephesians 1:17-18
Paul's prayer has three points of focus that are revealed in verse 18: that our relationship would be awakened, that we might know the hope of our calling, and that we might comprehend the rich glory of God's inheritance in us.
There is a longing in our heart to be awakened to the knowledge and understanding of the nature, character and purposed of God. In our human weakness, we do not have the ability to comprehend these realities, and o in a miraculous way, God has provided the one and only door for understanding. His Holy Spirit will come to our human spirits and awaken the knowledge of eternal things. All He asks is that we acknowledge our need for this, saying, "Lord, I admit that in my own strength I am blind and confused. But You will send help to me, Lord, by the power of Your Spirit. Touch my eyes, Lord; I want to see."
This prayer of humility is pleasing to the Lord and He is delighted to release to us the power to see and now Him as He really is. Make this your prayer today.
Prayer: Lord, I so desperately need and want to know who You are, and how You feel and think concerning me, I know I can't understand this without You Spirit revealing it to me, and so I ask for what You have promised. Thank You, Lord.
Day 16 devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: