Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 7


"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Ans He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21:4-5
There is a reality of wonderful comfort in this short passage, for each individual is able to experience the healing power of the Lord as He ministers to His people at the end of the age. Sometimes we can easily believe the God will be close and intimate to everyone else, but it's more difficult to believe that He will come to us individually in that kind of way. But the language in verse four is very clear-God Himself will wipe away every tear! In other words, there will be a personal encounter with the living God in which every sorrow that has touched your heart will be healed by the tender touch of the beloved Lord. Nothing that has to do with death, sorrow or crying from pain will touch you ever again! You will never again know pain of any kind, for the King of Heaven, who is you Bridegroom, is going to heal your heart in a deeply personal way.
The good news for us is that we can begin to experience that touch in a real way now, even if not in its fullness. As you fix your attention on the beauty of Jesus and set your heart to worship Him and to believe His Word to you, the Holy Spirit will come in a place of peace. Ask Him to do this today, and wait patiently for the Lord to come to you.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I bring before You the hurting places of my heart today. I fix my gaze on Your beauty and love, and I ask that Your Spirit would strengthen my heart to receive Your healing touch in Your perfect timing. And as I wait for You, I will worship You, love You and serve You with everything that is in me. Thank You, Lord.
Day 7 devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: