Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pator's wives retreat





Last week we had a retreat at the Bible College for the Pastor's wives! I got to see Joanna, Pastor Tommy's wife, from my second semester in Japan and catch up with her. My friend Fukiko from my 4th semester in Israel is now interning in Japan and she sent gifts with Joanna to bring to the conference. Thank you Kiko and thank you Joanna for bringing them! It's been such a cool thing that the Lord has blessed me with so many spiritual moms and families throughout my life. Joanna has been one of them. I remember my semester in Japan it impacting me so much to see biblically what it looks like to be a dad, pastor, teacher, husband and missionary from Tommy and a mom, wife, teacher and missionary from Joanna. I have learned so much from them and am so encouraged that two times a year I get to see them! It's always so an encouragement to see her and her family! And then to top it off.. Yubista and Kiya were there as well! It was a reunion of my first semester in Peru getting to see these girls and see where the Lord has taken them. Kiya is now married and living in New Mexico, and Yubista is now living in Costa Mesa working with blueletterbible translating into Spanish. Love you girls!! So great getting to see you all! :)

No comments: