Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 30


"And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 'Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying. 'This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel.' Say to them: 'The Lord bless yo and keep; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift us His countenance upon you, and give you peace.' So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them." Numbers 6:22-27
I want to finish this 31-day devotional guide with two meditations on one of the great passages of blessing in Scripture. The priestly blessing of Numbers six is such a wonderful window into the heart of the Father as He prepared His people to be the Bride of His Son, and my prayer is that you will make a habit of meditating on this blessing, and of speaking it over your own life frequently, if not daily.
The blessing itself, found in verses 24-26, help us to know that one of the basic longings of a child's heart is satisfied by the Father, which is the longing to be seen and notices by Him. The power of this verse is in the knowledge that Hos has set His eyes upon you, and that His gaze is not the disapproving glare of an angry parent, but the tender, gracious and peace-imparting gaze of a Father of infinite love.His gaze gives to us the pace of approval, of delight and of peace.
When my children were small, one of their constant requests was. "Daddy, watch me!" It's a longing in every child's heart to be notices, approved and loved in such a way that it is communicated through the loving gaze of the Father's eyes. The greatest blessing we can have is to know that the God of the universe is our Father, and that He looks upon us every day with delight, joy, approval and grace. I pray that you are strengthened in this knowledge today."
Prayer: Oh Father, thank You that Your eyes are fixed upon me, and that in Your gaze is my life. Thank You that you see me and that You notice my feeble attempts to please You, even if I'm clumsy or foolish in my immaturity. I love you, Lord, and long to live in the pleasure of Your gaze forever.
Day 30 devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: