Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 17


[I pray] that the God of out Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. Ephesians 1:17-18
I want to draw your focus today to the knowledge of the hope of His calling. Remember, the whole point of the creation of human beings is for the pleasure of God in relationship with us, and in order for that to happen we must come into His likeness and character. In Paul's letter to the Colossian Believers, he makes a marvelous statement that settles in us the issue of hope that God's purpose will in fact be accomplished. He reminds the readers that the Holy Spirit has revealed the "glorious mystery" of God's plan, namely, "Christ [is] in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27)."
This sentence is packed with power, for we are being told that Jesus Christ Himself has come to live within our hearts by the Holy Spirit, and therefore the completion of His purpose is a certain thing. Redemption is far more than just being rescued from Hell; it is the release into our hearts of the power of God to accomplish His will and destiny for us.
Today let your heart be filled with the good truth that Jesus lives within you and is working night and day to make you a suitable partner for Himself. He will accomplish it, for you are all that He desires!
Prayer: Lord, my heart is stunned that You would come and live in me by Your Spirit, that You would ensure by You own power the fulfillment of my destiny as Your partner. The thought is more than I can bear, but I ask You again to help me get it! I love You, Lord, and my heart aches to be a worthy partner of this Man, Christ Jesus.
Day 17 devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: