Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 4


"Now I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth, for the first Heaven and the first Earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her Husband. And I heard a loud voice from Heaven saying. "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Ans He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21:1-5
I love to read adventure stories and watch movies that are made from books by authors like John Grisham or Tom Clancy. In a well-written story there is always a skillful building of tension, great disasters that loom as not only possible but likely, and surprising twists of deliverance and resolution that leave me cheering that once again the bad guys have been defeated, and the good guys have won. Occasionally, the suspense get so great that I have to sneak a peek at the ending, just so I can relax.
I think sometimes in the adventure of life, it's good to consider the end of things from time to time for the same reason. God has told us how this adventure called life on Earth is going to end so that we can rest in His marvelous strength and goodness. I encourage you today to consider this passage from Revelation 21 and just let your heart rest in the fact that the outcome of the story is already decided, and not only does the Good Guy win, He gets the girl! Over the next couple of days, we're going to consider this reality, so set your hearts at rest in His sovereign power and might, and give Him thanks that you are included in this great adventure!
Prayer: Father, thank You that You are the mighty God who sees the end from the beginning, and You have made every provision for the outcome. I give You thanks, Lord, that I included in this City that is really a Bride, and I can't wait for the story to unfold. Thank You, Lord!
Day 4 devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: