Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 6


"And I heard a loud voice from Heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God." Revelation 21:3
This little verse is one of the most powerful and significant verses in all of Scripture, for it reveals the eternal purpose of God and declares that this purpose will be fulfilled at the culmination of natural history. This eternal purpose is an astonishing reality-the God of the universe wants to be with human beings forever! The phrase "the tabernacle of God is with men" is not referring to an idea that God has a big building that He is going to inhabit, but rather that in Jesus, God has clothed Himself in humanity as His choice of how He wants to spend eternity!
From before the foundations of the Earth, God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit decided together that they wanted to have intimate relationship with human beings, and that the only way this could happen was for the Son of God to take a form that would embrace created people. So, God became a Man. His decision was to be a human being forever so that He could have intimate relationship with people, including you and me. Focus your prayer time today on giving thanks for this astonishing reality that lifts us to an incredible place of dignity and significance.
Prayer: Oh Lord, my heart is stunned as I consider the reality that You desired to be a human being so that I could come to know You. Open my understanding, Lord, that I might comprehend the things You have in store for me as Your Bride and partner , and that You will be my God, and I will be one of Yours forever!
Day 6 devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: