Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 2


"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with narrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. Psalm 63:3-4
Every individual has the freedom to determine how they are going to spend the resources of their time and energy, and those decisions are based on their perception of what will bring the greatest freedom and fulfillment. The writer here has come to a very important and fundamental understanding: the experimental reality of knowing the love of Christ is more important than life itself. He would rather forfeit other pleasures and even necessities than miss out on the experience of being loved by God. Therefore, he has set his will to the focus on the wisest and most important activity-the worship of God. Anyone who has ever been in love knows about the reality; other things are simply not important. Only the presence and attention of the Beloved is worthy of our full attention, and so we give ourselves to this most important thing-loving God.
Prayer: Oh my Beloved, waken my heart to see the wisdom of loving You as the first thing, the one thing that is necessary. All other realities come into focus when this first thing truly is first. Let Your lovingkindness fill my soul, that I might know life as You intended it to be known.
Day 2 devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: