Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 23


For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in Heaven and Earth is named, that He would grant you, according tot he riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14-19
Here is the point of the whole process of being established in the love of the Father- to know the love of Jesus, which is beyond comprehension, and to be filled with all the fullness of God. This is an astonishing verse, one that would be impossible to believe if it were not in Scripture. Paul gets so caught up in his excitement over the love of Christ being revealed that before he realizes it, he's talking about four dimensions of Christ's love! It's incomprehensible, and yet God intends to reveal it to us by the power of His own Spirit!
We might ask how a human can be filled with all the fullness of God. I don't know the answer, but I do know that it has already happened once-in the person of Jesus Christ. He was a man completely filled with the presence and power of God. And because He lived as a man in that way, so too will you and I as we are conformed to His image and identity as Hi Bride. As you meditate on this overwhelming truth today, give thanks and ask the Lord of glory to reveal these things to your heart.
Prayer: Jesus, just the thought of these things makes my head spin and wonder and delight. Could it be that You really love me like this, and that You will show me the fullness of Your own identity as the Lord of the universe? Oh, my God, increase my faith! Thank You for loving me.
Day 23 of devotional "Forerunner Meditations: Discovering the Father's heart" by Gary Wiens

No comments: